Monday, November 22, 2010

Lost & Found

I had a great thing happen to me today.

Earlier this evening, I packed the kids up and headed downtown for my weekly banjo lesson. My teacher had asked me to bring my iPod to the lesson. I unplugged it from my car and stuffed it in my jacket pocket. Before I got out of the car, I had to set up my pre-paid parking meter thingy so I wouldn't get a ticket. I put that on the dashboard and then got the kids & the banjo out of the car. We all went to my lesson. My iPod must have fallen out of my jacket when I was rushing around the car getting the kids and my banjo out. After my lesson and during the ride home,I realized that my iPod was gone. I searched the car, my banjo case & all my pockets once I got home. My husband, who was on his way downtown, went out to check aound my parking spot for me. Nothing. It's not like it was the end of the world, but I was still bummed.

A few hours later, I got a all from my sister-in-law. An employee from the city's Parking Enforcement department had found my iPod and turned it in to the supervisor, along with my license plate number. They ended up calling her and letting her know what they had found!

This was a nice reminder that here are still many honest people out there. Many thanks, I greatly appreciate it!

No comments: